Master of Public Health (MPH)
MPH Degree currently offered by the School of Community Health Sciences:
- Master of Public Health (MPH) with emphasis in
- Health Administration and Policy
- Social and Behavioral Health
- Dual Degrees
MPH Student Handbook.
- Summary of Degree Requirements
- The MPH degree requires a minimum of 45 credits: MPH core courses (18 credits), completion of an area of emphasis as listed above (12 credits), two elective courses (6 credits), and a culminating experience which includes an internship of 6 credits (equal to 270 hours) and the capstone course (3 credits).
- MPH Graduate Special
- For students not yet admitted into the MPH Program, you can start taking classes as a “Graduate Special” student http://www.unr.edu/grad/admissions/special-requirement/categories. Therefore, with Graduate Director's advisement, you can start taking some of the classes to begin your MPH studies to see if it is a good fit for you. These courses could then flow into your Program of Study once you are admitted into the MPH program. To insure this, please seek the Graduate Director, Dr. Wei Yang, advisement or you may wind up out of the course progression and/or may take courses that may not apply to your program of study.
- The deadline for Fall 2015 admissions is January 10th, 2015 (The UNR MPH Program only accepts new students once a year for Fall admission).
Are you an out of state student from the West?
If so, look into WICHE to see if you are eligible for in state tuition!!